1/4 Photos of Old Fashion Apple Pie
1 hr 30 mins
This is an old family favorite. The best apple pie we have ever had. I hope it becomes one of your favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- 3Stir in flour to form a paste.
- 4Add water, white sugar and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- 5Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- 6Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- 7Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- 8Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- 9Cover with a lattice work of crust.
- 10Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- 11Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- 12Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 13Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashion Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.9
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 193.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g