This is an old family favorite. The best apple pie we have ever had. I hope it becomes one of your favorites.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work of crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.