Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Delicious, crun-chewy, healthy version of an old favorite.
Make and share this Oatmeal Trail Mix Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup very finely chopped nuts (I use brazil nuts)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups trail mix
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until almost fluffy.
- In another bowl stir together flour, very finely chopped (should almost resemble powder) nuts, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add your powdered ingredients to your creamed ingredients while mixing.
- Mix well.
- Now stir in the oats and trail mix.
- Drop by scoop or teaspoon onto hot stone or slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes depending on cookie size.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet or stone right away and transfer to cooling racks.
I really like these. I was using up some trail mix that we obviously weren't eating with nuts and dried fruit. I used cashews for the nuts because that was what I had the most of. I made half the recipe and it made about 48 cookies. Maybe my scoops are smaller. I really liked these. On the crunchy side but really flavorful.
I love oatmeal cookies and have made several versions and this one is my new favorite! They were easy to make, baked up perfect in exactly 10 minutes and were crunchy on the outside and chewy in the center. I made a simple variation by using assorted dried fruits instead of trail mix and the taste is wonderful! You can buy bags of mixed dried fruit in the grocery store, mine had pineapples, raisins, apples, cranberries and cherries in it, but you can put in whatever you like. I actually let my kids have one for breakfast because they were so healthy!
These were awesome cookies!! They definately have a texture that is unique and satisfying. They are not your typical oatmeal cookie (wich I feel is a good thing). This is a recipe that I will make again and again.