1/6 Photos of Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Cake Mix)
I am occasionally called on mass produce cookies for events and need recipes which deliver homemade results with ease. A handy supply of cake mixes allow me to do just that. This particular recipe combines some elements of my favorite scratch recipes starting with a yellow cake mix. The cookies are slightly crispy on the outside and tender and chewy in the center.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Cream together the butter, shortening, egg, brown sugar and vanilla.
- 3Add in the cake mix, cinnamon and walnuts until well mixed. Combine in the oatmeal and water. Depending on your mixer you may need to do this by hand.
- 4Stir in the raisins. The amount of raisins is really a matter of personal taste. If you like raisins, start with 1 cup and decide if you want more. If you love raisins, start with the full amount and add and up to an additional 1/2 cup.
- 5Place level tablespoons of dough on to a cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten tops a bit as the cookies retain their shape. That is they do not melt down as some cookies do.
- 6Bake at for 14 minutes, cookies should be lighted browned at the edges and and pale on top. If you like a crisper cookie, add 2 minutes to the baking time.
- 7Note: Baking times are for the stated size which yield a nice two-bite sized cookie great for events. If you are making larger cookies, please adjust your baking time accordingly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Cake Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g