1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry Bars
veruca salt's Note:
I received this recipe from a friend,when I told her I wanted to make something for everyone at work. This was fantastic and a big hit at my job. I will definitely make these again--not only for work (though they keep bugging me for more), but for all occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Spread 3/4 cup coconut evenly on a baking sheet.
- 3Toast in middle of oven, stirring once, until golden, about 8 minutes, and then cool.
- 4Blend together flour, sugars, and salt in food processor.
- 5Then add butter and blend until a dough begins to form.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and knead in oats and toasted coconut until well combined.
- 7Reserve 3/4 cup of dough.
- 8Press remainder of dough evenly into bottom of a buttered 13x9-inch metal baking pan.
- 9Spread jam over it.
- 10Crumble reserved dough evenly over jam.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup untoasted coconut.
- 12Bake in middle of oven until golden, 20-25 minutes.
- 13Cool completely in pan on a rack.
- 14Loosen from sides of pan with a sharp knife.
- 15Lift out in one piece and transfer to a cutting board.
- 16Cut into 24 bars.
- 17Note: Bars can be made 3 days ahead and kept in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g