The Legal Chef's Note:
These are my favorite cookies! This is slightly adapted from a recipe from Ward Street Bistro. I keep meaning to play around with the fat and try oil/applesauce in place of some of the butter, but these cookies are just so good as is. Instead of using the wheat germ, you could use 1/4 cup flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats (old-fashioned)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (toasted and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Chop one cup of the oats in a blender/food processor.
- 3Melt 3 ounces of chocolate and allow to cool.
- 4Add ground oats to flour and add the other dry ingredients.
- 5In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 6Add egg, vanilla, and melted chocolate to butter and sugar blend.
- 7Add flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, until just blended.
- 8Add remaining 3/4 cup of oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 9Roll two-tablespoon sized balls onto parchment lined baking sheet/jelly roll pan.
- 10Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 84.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g