This recipe is from my aunt Becca who gets requests all of the time from family to make these. She mixes them by hand, so I do too. They'd probably turn out just as well using a mixer though. The butter in the recipe really makes them good. This recipe makes quite a few so feel free to halve the recipe or make it all and freeze the cookies for another day.
- Cream together butter and sugars by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Gradually stir into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Drop cookies by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 2-4 minutes before removing to wire racks.