Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cooking Light - These easy drop cookies are crisp on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside. Chocolate minichips disperse better in the batter, but you can use regular chips. Directions say to line baking sheets with parchment paper, but I bake mine on a baking stone and they always come out great. After 24 hours or so they become hard, but if you put two cookies in the microwave for about 10 seconds, they're soft, warm, and taste fresh-baked.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla and egg; beat until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Stir in pecans and minichips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.
GREAT TASTING COOKIES!!! I didn't change a thing here. I bought them to work yesterday, and at lunch they were well enjoyed. I actually ran out before the second group went on lunch, but luckily I saved some for myself. A recommended recipe here. Made for PRMR tag.
Great cookie! It comes from one of my favorite cooking magazines, so I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. Full of my favorites, oats, pecans and chocolate w/ surprisingly very little fat. My dough was a little stiff, so I might reduce the flour or oats a little the next time around... and I also plan to reduce the salt as it was too much for me. I like crisp cookies, so I was very happy with the result.
Yummy! These cookies are great. They are very sweet. I wanted to reduce the sugar but didn't know if they'd turn out great. I have not changed a thing. Thanks Mailbelle. Made for 123 hit wonders