1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Butterscotch Toffee-Crisp Cookies
Mrs Goodall's Note:
These cookies are to die for!! I promise and so do all my friends, family and co-workers. I was looking for a thin crispy oatmeal cookie. I found a number of nice recipes and took ideas from many of them. On the third attempt, this is the recipe I came up with. Special notes, you MUST use parchment paper to bake the cookies on. If you don't they will stick to the pan and break (even if you grease the pan). The batter gets thicker as you add ingredients. I add the rice cereal last, so that they are crushed as little as possible. I have tried using more and less flour. Less flour and the cookies don't form. More flour and they don't get crispy. A special thanks to PanNan, who's Crispy Coconut-Oatmeal Cookies gave me the recipe's basic foundation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 2/3 cup chocolate-covered english toffee bar, crushed into small pieces (3 Skor Bars)
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; add eggs, vanilla and almond extract, beating well.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- 3Stir in oats.
- 4Stir in toffee bar pieces (don't use the "toffee dust" that comes from crushing the bars, just the small pieces).
- 5Mix in butterscotch chips. The batter will be very thick at this point.
- 6Gently but thouroughly mix in rice cereal.
- 7Shape into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. (You do not need to flatten the cookies, they spread on their own). I only place 6 cookies on each cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 9Gently slide the cookies off of the parchment paper onto wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Butterscotch Toffee-Crisp Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 87.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate-covered english toffee bars