Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandson prefers these to chicolate chip bars! They're easy and oh so good.
Make and share this Oatmeal Bars recipe from Food.com.
- cream butter and sugars together.
- mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- combine the flour, salt, cinnamon & baking soda.
- mix into creamed mixture.
- stir in the oatmeal.
- press into 9X13 " ungreased pan and cook @350 for 30-35 minute.
I really liked how these turned out. Next time I might add some chocolate chips or peanut butter. I ended up using 2 cups of brown sugar since I ran out of white sugar.
These are good, we're happy w/ them! We played around w/ the flour type and so it's not totally fair to rate them if I changed something. But I'd make these again, add raisins perhaps? Thank you!
Quite easy to make, though the creaming of butter and sugar is work. I added some craisins and chocolate chips, and it was still a little bland for me, which is why it only gets 4 stars. My guests loved it, though!