Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from Coup de Pouce and can be frozen.
Make and share this Oat, Coconut and Raspberry Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves, without seed
- Spread 1/2 cup of coconut on a small baking sheet (reserve remaining coconut for the garnish). Cook in a preheated oven of 375 F for about 5 minutes or until coconut is golden (stir at mid-cooking). Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and salt. Add butter, and with a pastry knife or 2 knives, mix until the mixture looks like rough crumbs. Add oats and toasted coconut and stir well.
- Set aside 1/3 cup of the oat mixture. Press remaining oats in a cake pan of 9 inches in the side (that has parchment paper or is greased). Spread the raspberry preserve, then sprinkle with the oats you set aside and remaining coconut.
- Cook in the center of a preheated oven of 375 F for about 15 minutes or until the top is golden. Put the pan on a rack and let cool. Cut in 16 bars. (You can prepare these bars in advance and put them side by side in an hermetic container, taking care to separate each range with parchment paper. They will be good up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 2 weeks in the freezer, wrapped with plastic wrap and foil paper.).
Fabulous as expected. I used mostly oats and only a little coconut due to personal preference and a mix of raspberry and crabapple jelly. Addictively delicious !!! made for Everyday is a Holiday.
These are incredible!! The rich flavors of the butter and (unsweetened) coconut are perfect with the sweet-tart raspberry jam; and the oatmeal and coconut add wonderful texture! They are also very pretty and festive! I made the recipe as written, except that I used whole wheat pastry flour (which worked fine). These went over so well at my house that I had to go the the health food store to stock up on unsweetened coconut--so I can make more for Christmas! Thanks for a great recipe, Boomette!! (Tagged, made, and reviewed for PRMR Holiday Special.)
Unbelievably yummy!! Have made these twice now, once with the coconut as stated in recipe (dried coconut here in France is exceptionally dry and absolutely not sweet in the least, so ours did not have a problem there, as reviewer sam found) and the second time with flaked almonds and half the jam used was apricot. Found that raspberry is by far superior in these, but equally liked both the toasted coconut and toasted flaked almonds. Thank you so much for the recipe, will be making these regularly as soon as the weather goes cool again!