Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delicious and healthy bread based on a recipe that came in the Recipe Booklet accompanying my Christmas present: the Cuisinart Convection Bread Maker! I cannot guarantee that this will work in a non-convection bread machine. This is for the large 2 pounder; the medium 1.5 pounder ingredients are in parens. Make sure that all ingredients are at room temperature, unless noted otherwise.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, 80 - 90 F (1.25 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons heavy cream, 90 F (2 tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons molasses (1 tablespoon)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup vital wheat gluten (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup barley flour (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup oat flour (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup almond flour (1/2 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy protein (2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup pumpkin seeds (1/4/ cup)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast (2.25 teaspoons) or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast (2.25 teaspoons)
- Place ingredients into machine in the order recommended by its manufacturer.
- Select the Low Carb setting.
- Select Medium crust (or to taste).
- Select dough size.
- Press Start.
- When cycle is completed, transfer bread to wire rack to cool.
- Bread slices best when allowed to cool.