These are rich but oh so good and simple. I made these out of a lot of leftovers that I had that I needed to use up so I guessed at the measurements and wrote them down as I tossed them together and to my surprise they turned out good! Well, anything with Nutella usually is. Right?! So, you know what you have to do when that happens. You have to share!
- In a microwave safe bowl add butterscotch chips and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir chips together and heat on high, stirring every 50 seconds, until melted. (For me, It took around 1 1/2 minutes with a 1,000 watt oven).
- Remove chips mixture from oven and add Nutella.
- Stir to blend.
- To chips mixture, add chow mein noodles and nuts, if desired, and stir to coat and combine.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed or parchment paper and drop mixture by well rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Place cookie sheets in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Transfer haystacks to a tightly covered container and store in refrigerator.
- Yield is approximate depending on how large or small you make them.
- Cook time is chill time.
These were quite yummy! I made them with the kids. Super easy! I may cut back on the semi-sweet next time to get more of the nutella taste. :) We did them with marshmallows. :) Thanks, MTpockets!