1/3 Photos of No-Yeast Stollen
1 hr 10 mins
Chef PotPie's Note:
Submitted for Zaar World Tour '06. My recipe card says I got this from Family Circle Magazine in December 1986! I must have made it back then sometime, because there's a red star on the card, (good for gift-giving), and a note that the flavor of this traditional German Christmas bread improves with a few days aging...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350* F.
- 2Into large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt.
- 3Cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form.
- 4Mix together cottage cheese, egg and vanilla.
- 5Add to flour mixture along with raisins.
- 6Stir until dough forms.
- 7Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead abut 10 turns, adding more flour if neccessary.
- 8Dough should be soft, not stiff.
- 9Roll dough into a 10-inch circle.
- 10Brush with 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
- 11Fold dough in half, just a little off-center.
- 12Bake on greased cookie sheet 40-50 minutes, or till golden brown.
- 13Brush with 2 Tablespoons butter while hot.
- 14Cool on wire rack.
- 15Wrap in plastic or foil when completely cool.
- 16Store at room temperature for 2 days before serving.
- 17Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar just before serving.
- 18Keeps up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Yeast Stollen
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 480.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 8.5 g