Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rich and fudgy and so easy to make. We love these brownies. You can throw in chocolate chips or swirl caramel or peanut butter in them. You can't go wrong with this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except nuts.
- Stir fifty strokes with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in walnuts and pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out with moist crumbs on it.
- Do not overbake.
These were terrible! Thin, dry, not even good flavour. I have no idea how they got good reviews. I was looking for chewy and dense and sweet and rich...these were definitely not that. A disappointing waste of ingredients...even putting ice cream on them didn't really help.
Incredibly quick, easy, and inexpensive. I need recipes with these qualities when I have to send cookies to a school event, or bring a dessert to a shared meal on a moment's notice, so I'll make them again. And there'll be someone in every crowd who loves them. But they aren't what I like in a dessert. Over-the-top sweet (my son took one bite and refused to eat more). And for myself, if I'm going to take in dessert calories, I want all the goodness of butter.
I love these brownies and so does everyone else! Thanks for sharing.