Buttery shortbread balls studded with bits of Nestle Crunch bars and blanketed in powdered sugar...yum! Recipe from a Christmas link; haven't tried this yet. *yield and times are just assumptions.*
- Heat oven to 375*F.
- Cream together the butter, 3/4 cup of the powdered sugar, and the salt until fluffy; blend in the vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour, blending just until combined; stir in the Crunch bits.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4" balls; place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Sift the 1/4 cup powdered sugar over the hot cookies; cool on baking sheets 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Dust with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Store in airtight containers.
These taste amazing and are something a little different to the usual. Great Party Snack, they are quick and easy to make and the recipe made heaps more than I expected.
LOVED THIS RECIPE! I made a half batch to give as a present to a friend, and almost had none to give, my husband found them... and loved them! They remind me of mexican wedding cookie with a great surprise! I used left over Halloween candy and it was a great use! Will make over and over! Thanks!