1/1 Photo of Nannie's Marble Cake
1 hr 30 mins
My granmother was German and made this cake and I have very fond memories of eating this with her at the dining room table talking away the troubles of a young girls day. LOL Lots of butter and eggs. Not a low cal low carb cake but its soooo good. I had to sit and watch her make this stopping her to trya and measure this recipe out. This makes 1 bundt cake or 6 muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the 3/4 pounds of butter and sugar, mix well.
- 2Add 6 egg yolks, and vanilla and beat well.
- 3Add grated lemon rind and beat.
- 4Add flour sifted with 1 heaping teaspoon baking powder.
- 5Beat 6 egg whites until stiff and fold into the above mixture. Reserve 2 cups of this mixture to make the chocolate mixture.
- 6Chocolate mixture:.
- 7In bowl Combine 2 Tablespoons sugar, 3 heaping teaspoons cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream, and 2 cups of the above batter to make the chocolate mixture.
- 8Grease bundt pan well add white batter then chocolate batter alternately until the pan is over 1/2 full.
- 9Bake at 325 on lowest rack in the oven for 1 hour until brown.
- 10When cooled you can frost to your liking or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 11We ate it as is and it was wonderful.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nannie's Marble Cake
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1057.1
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 310.0 mg
- Sodium 572.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 88.0 g
- Protein 13.4 g