These are very gooey and moist--the best ever!
Make and share this Nana's Caramel Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Sprinkle brown sugar in greased 9x13-inch pan. Pour over whipping cream, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Add water, egg, and melted butter; beat at low speed until moistened.
- By hand, stir in 1 1/2- 2 cups flour. Knead 3 minutes; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to a 7x15-inch rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up tightly and seal edges. Cut into 1-inch rolls.
- Place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
This is the easiest caramel topping ever and absolutely delicious. No need to fuss over cooking caramel on the stove - this carmelizes on its own in the oven. I used a glass baking dish so I could gauge the browning of the bottoms and the caramel.
Wonderful taste! Forgiving of many goofs I made. Although my Filling butter had been at room temperature over a day, I couldn't spread it, so I melted it; I ended up using only a thin layer of butter with the filling, and it didn't seem to matter. After rolling up the dough with the filling, I refrigerated it for an hour to allow cleaner slicing. Our house stays at 62F on cold days, so it took 2 hours for my rolls to rise. But, everything came out just fine anyway! Note: I baked the rolls in a standard metal 13x9 pan, but inverted the pan onto a 13x9 Gladware pan for travelling; the pans didn't match up exactly, allowing some of the goo to escape on inversion. The inversion made a belly flop splash and required immediate cleanup before the goo solidified. Good time to wear an apron... Just keep this in mind. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
This Caramel is amazing, thanks for sharing this great recipe,I will make these again.