These are my favourite cookies & this is the only recipe I'll ever use because it's soooo good! I always end up adding more choc chips than called for.
- Set oven to 180c.
- Sift flour& soda together, set aside.
- Cream butter& sugars together until light& fluffy.
- Add egg& vanilla, beat well.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients& choc chips, until well blended.
- Form into small balls& place on greased baking trays- leaving room for spreading.
- Bake in oven for 12- 15 minutes, until light& golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack& store in an airtight container.
Fantastic recipe :) I have made these cookies twice in two days and they have disappeared before my eyes! The first time I didnt have any choc chips to use, so i substituted them for chopped cooking chocolated which resulted in speckled cookies which tasted wonderful. The next day I made them again with good quality choc chips and they tasted EVEN better :) Thankyou for posting such a great recipe Marli :)
These were sooo yum! I made them for my boyfriend who loves choc cookies, i didnt have any choc chips so i just chopped up half dark and half milk chocolate, they've just come out of the oven and are exactly as i hoped - like the ones you get at certain well known cookie shops but much cheaper! One thing - i found i had to squash them with my hand before baking, put in the oven in little balls the mix didnt spread much. Definitely making these again :) (probably every weekend going by tony's reaction to them!)
Delicious! So easy to make and tasty. Have already made them three times. The first time I did not have enough chocolate chips and filled it up with raisins. Since that was so nice I, although I had enough chips the next time, still added a handful of raisins.
I get about 26 cookies and they bake for 12 minutes. They disappear very quickly..........
Thanks for posting.