1/3 Photos of Multigrain Bread (Bread Machine)
3 hrs 15 mins
A friend asked me to make a bread suitable for a person with acid reflux. I did a little research and came up with this loaf. Despite the varied ingredients, this makes a light loaf. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
1.5 lb ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/4 cup regular oatmeal or 1/4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal (ground flaxseeds)
- 1Place all ingredients in bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the dough cycle and start.
- 2Check the consistency after 10 minutes or so, and add flour or water, as needed.
- 3At end of cycle, remove from pan, shape as desired and place on parchment paper or on cornmeal sprinkled baking sheet. Let rise until almost doubled.
- 4Slash and place in 400 deg. oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 5Note: Feel free to substitute any combination of seeds or grains you find appealing. Substitute whole wheat if you have no rye flour. I'm sure this can also be baked in the machine, if you so wish.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multigrain Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten