Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
As far as I know this is an authentic Mrs. Field's cookie recipe. These cookies are some of the tastiest I've ever had. They are hard on the outside, but soft and delicious on the inside. It's our family' favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! When you take the cookies out of the oven they will seem a little softer than an average batch of cookies, but not to worry, they firm up right away. I hope you enjoy them!!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine softened butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl. Whip together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Put oatmeal into a food processor to break down into a powder. Add the "oatmeal flour" to the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the flour mixture (half at a time) into the sugar mixture. Blend with an electric mixer until well combined. Put the milk chocolate chips into the food processor and chop into small pieces. Using the electric mixer, add them to the dough. Now stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Drop golf ball sized balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack for an additional 10 minutes. Enjoy!
I just made these cookies from a recipe I got from a neighbor while growing up. Was looking to see if it was in here cause knew it needed to be available to the masses. I didn't have the part about food processing the milk chocolate chips, but may try that next time. I love to mix it up & put a mix of different chips in the cookies cause they always turn out good! Glad this is here cause now I can send it to others.
You have an interesting process for making these cookies, & I followed it right on down, but I suspect that making them without making a powder of the oatmeal wouldn't change the taste at all ~ The texture, yes, but not the taste! Still, I was most happy with the resulting cookies & am willing to make them again, too! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
Okay... I cheated when making this recipe. I didn't process the oatmeal or chocolate chips. I was feeling kinda lazy... but they still turned out great!! I'll post my pics, from today, but I will come back and do the recipe right next time! :) I'm REALLY glad it's a forgiving recipe and was still yummy!