1 hr 40 mins
This recipe is from my Mom's collection! It is delicious! My mom used to make this whenever our bananas would go "rotten" - always so much fun to make and eat! Thanks, Mom!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a liquid mixing cup, pour 1 tsp of vinegar and enough milk to make 1/2 cup (be sure to put the vinegar in first and then add your milk).
- 2Mix together dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl (sift, if desired).
- 3In your blender, mix together vanilla and 3 bananas until they are soup like in texture.
- 4Cream together shortening and sugar in your mixing bowl.
- 5Add 2 eggs to creamed shortening and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- 6Slowly add dry ingredients and sour milk mixture. Be sure to alternate between the two.
- 7Slowly add in the souplike banana mixture and pecans (if desired).
- 8Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray and flour (I usually use about 1 tsp of flour, but it depends on your pan, how coated you want it, etc.).
- 9Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it's finished. If not, put back into the oven for 5 minutes and keep going that way until your toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Invert cake and allow to cool for 10-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Banana Bread Recipe!
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.3
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 256.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 43.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g