From Health, March 2006.
Make and share this Molten Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place a saucepan of water on high heat. Heat to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- In a mixing bowl, crack eggs and warm them over simmering water for 1 minute (hold bowl directly over the water, using a dish towel to protect your hands), whisking constantly.
- Remove eggs from heat, and whisk for another minute until eggs are very fluffy.
- Meanwhile, put the chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof, stainless-steel or tempered-glass bowl; set it over the simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the bowl.
- Let the chocolate and butter melt; remove from heat.
- Let mixture cool slightly by stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, fold the chocolate and butter into the whipped eggs until no more streaks show. (Batter will deflate.).
- Spray 6 (4-ounce) ramekins or ovenproof dessert cups with nonstick cooking spray (or use foil cups, or muffin tins).
- Fill them 3/4 of the way full and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how gooey you'd like the centers.
- Turn the cakes out onto dessert plates, and serve immediately with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.