1/1 Photo of Molten Flourless Chocolate Cake
Vino Girl's Note:
From Health, March 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Place a saucepan of water on high heat. Heat to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- 3In a mixing bowl, crack eggs and warm them over simmering water for 1 minute (hold bowl directly over the water, using a dish towel to protect your hands), whisking constantly.
- 4Remove eggs from heat, and whisk for another minute until eggs are very fluffy.
- 5Meanwhile, put the chocolate and butter in a large, heatproof, stainless-steel or tempered-glass bowl; set it over the simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the bowl.
- 6Let the chocolate and butter melt; remove from heat.
- 7Let mixture cool slightly by stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 8Once slightly cooled, fold the chocolate and butter into the whipped eggs until no more streaks show. (Batter will deflate.).
- 9Spray 6 (4-ounce) ramekins or ovenproof dessert cups with nonstick cooking spray (or use foil cups, or muffin tins).
- 10Fill them 3/4 of the way full and place on a baking sheet.
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on how gooey you'd like the centers.
- 12Turn the cakes out onto dessert plates, and serve immediately with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molten Flourless Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.8
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 57.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g