Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from Company's Coming Decadent Desserts cookbook. It is super easy and delicious!
Make and share this Molten Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sifted cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup butter (not margarine)
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- black cherry ice cream (optional) or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Grease six 3/4 cup ramekins with the 2 tsp of buttr. Coat bottom and sides of each ramekin with cocoa, discarding the excess.
- Heat the 2/3 cup butter and chocolate in a small heavy saucepan on lowest heat, stirring often, until almost melted. Do not overheat.
- Remove from heat. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg yolks and whole eggs in medium bowl for about 2 minutes until frothy. Beat in icing sugar on low. Add chocolate mixture and flour. Beat well until thick and glossy.
- Divide batter among prepared ramekins. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in 450F oven for about 12 minutes until evenly risen and edges appear set, but middle is still wobbly.
- Let stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Run knife around side of cakes to loosen. Cover with individual plate and invert to remove. At this point cakes can sit inverted without removing ramekins for up to 20 minutes without getting cold.
- Serve with ice cream.
Delicious and so easy! Just perfect for a romantic Valentine's Dinner!
WHAT A GREAT CHOCOLATE FIX for a -holic like me! Was gonna share this with a neighbor, but then decided to keep it all to ourselves! Great chocolate flavor, & absolutely wonderful when I served it with some frozen vanilla yogurt AND a homemade cherry sauce! Thanks for a very nice treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #25]