Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rich brownies! A combination of several recipes I have tried over the years. I love moist, gooey brownies and these are them! I like them topped with my Fluffy Butter Cocoa Frosting. Decadent!
- Set oven on 350.
- Coat 11 1/2 x 7 1/2 glass pan with margarine or butter (or slightly larger for thinner brownies*might have to adjust cooking time*).
- In a saucepan or glass bowl melt margarine.
- Mix in by hand eggs and vanilla, then flour, salt, cocoa and sugar till moistened.
- With mixer on low/med beat just till mixed.
- Don't overbeat.
- Fold in nuts and/or chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour into prepared pan and level with spatula or spoon.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or test with toothpick.
- I like mine gooey in the middle.
- Cool and frost if desired.
- (Try my Fluffy Butter Cocoa Frosting) Cut into desired servings.
These are the best brownies I have ever made. I usually buy M&M Brownies cause I could never find a recipe I really liked. The are the ultimate. I made the first batch on sunday and I made a double batch tonight. Hope it doesn't go from the lips to the hips. Thanks Lana!
These were excellent. I subbed melted butter for margarine since I don't buy margarine. Since my cocoa was a little lumpy, I sifted all the dry ingredients together first. Then I just hand mixed everything in a single bowl, the batter was smooth, glossy and easy to handle. I made them in mini-muffin pans (it made about 40 "two bite" type brownies) and had to adjust the bake time to about 17-18 minutes to account for the difference in pan. Note: I sprayed my non-stick mini muffin pans with cooking spray first and had no problem getting them out while they were warm, I suspect that if they cooled in the mini muffin pan they might be a problem to get out. I topped them with chocolate frosting, just delicious. They went very quickly, everyone was saying how good they were. Thanks for posting these, ~Lana~.
Came out very good BUT there is way too much cocoa in these,,,unless of course, you like dark chocolate. Next time I will lessen the cocoa and add a bit more sugar.