One Christmas, several years ago, I was looking for a good banana bread to give as gifts to my friends. I tried several recipes and this was the one I liked the best. I use a Pampered Chef pan that has four mini-loaves on it and cook in my oven for about 50-55 minutes. Start checking the bread at about 50 minutes. Sometimes I also sub 1/2 to 3/4 wheat flour in place of using all white flour. It's a great bread!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray one 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
- Sift together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add to banana mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.