Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
For those of us who do not "do" pie crusts, this is for you. Really easy to do. Serve with ice cream or whip cream and you've made a pie!!!
- 1 cup rhubarb, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle sugar over rhubarb in medium size bowl.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cinnamon over top.
- Mix in nuts, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Spread on a greased 8" pie plate.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Wonderfull rhubarb pie!!! without all the fuss and muss and not too sweet!! Didn't change a thing, we loved it!! with a blurb of sour cream to top it off, a keeper Tebo!! thanks for sharing. UPDATE: Couldn't resist tellin you Tebo, I keep getting requests for the "big rhubarb cookie"!! They really love it and it's so easy and quick Thanks again!!
I didn't have the pecans or walnuts on hand so used slivered almonds, and it worked okay. I also tried to cut down on the sugar a bit, and used 1/2 "Splenda" and 1/2 sugar. I found it got more moist the second day, and was even better. Barb Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
This is really good and easy and delicious. I would suggest the sugar and rhubarb "marinate" together for longer before adding other ingredients so the rhubarb can sweeten up and soften a but. Really good warm with frozen vanilla yogurt!!