1 hr 5 mins
Perfect for St. Patrick's Day or any day,these small green puffs are light, airy bites of mint flavored meringue with tiny bits of chocolate inside. They are very tasty and can be a little addictive! These don't keep long - plan to serve these very soon after making them. If you try the overnight method, make these before bedtime and your cookies will be ready and waiting in the morning. You can also make them early in the day and once the oven is completely cooled, they should be ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
- 1Preheat gas oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually adding in the sugar while beating.
- 3Add mint extract and food coloring.
- 4Stir in the mini chocolate chips by hand.
- 5Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- 6Set pans into oven and immediately turn off the heat and leave in the oven overnight (no peeking)- as the oven cools down, the cookies will cook.
- 7OR set the pans in the preheated oven and immediately reduce the heat to 275 F and bake for 50 minutes.
- 8Check 10 minutes early in case your oven runs hot- when done, they should be airy, light puffs that are very crisp and fragile on the exterior.
- 9NOTE: This recipe really is meant for a gas oven;electric ovens don't cool down as quickly and may overcook your meringues so the overnight method isn't recommended.
- 10Instead, if you have an electric oven, simply preheat your oven to 275F and cook for 40-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mint Julep Kisses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.8
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g