These are just perfect for a light dinner party dessert! And totally simple. You could also fill with lemon curd, or Top N Fill for a caramel twist. I think this is from the Sydney Morning Herald?
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut a dozen 10cm circles from pastry and line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin. Prick the bases and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden, then cool.
- Whisk yolks, condensed milk, zest and juice in a bowl and set aside to thicken.
- In another bowl, beat whites to form soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, still beating, until you have a thick and glossy "meringue".
- Spoon the lemon filling into the pastry cases and top each with meringue, creating little peaks by drawing the spoon up.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.