Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
These are just perfect for a light dinner party dessert! And totally simple. You could also fill with lemon curd, or Top N Fill for a caramel twist. I think this is from the Sydney Morning Herald?
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut a dozen 10cm circles from pastry and line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin. Prick the bases and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes until lightly golden, then cool.
- Whisk yolks, condensed milk, zest and juice in a bowl and set aside to thicken.
- In another bowl, beat whites to form soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, still beating, until you have a thick and glossy "meringue".
- Spoon the lemon filling into the pastry cases and top each with meringue, creating little peaks by drawing the spoon up.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.
These were a hit! I personally would have preferred them with lemon curd, as the condensed milk made them very sweet. But apparently no one else shared my opinion as the went within 5 minutes of exiting the oven. They didn't even get a chance to cool down!
the perfect and easy pie
Thanks Chickee what an easy recipe that looks like you went to alot of trouble (my favorite kind of recipe) Everyone loved them and they look good on a plate.