Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Buckwheat and millet are gluten-free and very good for you. They’re high in protein, amino acids, and vitamins. The banana in these muffins is what makes these normally dry grains moist, hearty and satisfying.
- 1⁄2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup millet flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄16 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1⁄8 cup egg white
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl sift flours, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar.
- Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a microwave or on a stove top in a small metal dish on low heat.
- In a small bowl combine egg white, milk, oil, and agave.
- Add wet mix to dry mix. Blend in bananas and nuts.
- Grease 2 mini muffin pans with leftover coconut oil.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoons batter to each cup (almost completely full).
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- When done, move to wire cooling rack. Let cool 3-5 minutes.
- Flip pan over and muffins should fall out. If not, scrape around edges with plastic knife.
- Serve hot with low-fat cream cheese and brown sugar or refrigerate for a quick healthy snack.