1/6 Photos of Mile High Multigrain Bread
2 hrs 35 mins
Fitness Guru's Note:
A very fluffy bread that is sure to please. I developed this recipe through trial and error until I perfected it. Leave the loaves in their pans to cool for 10-15 min after they cook and the bread will slide right out.
My Private Note
Loafs & ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the first five ingredients in the bowl and mix.
- 2Add: 2 cups multigrain flour. (to cool the water and end up with warm dough).
- 3Add: 2 cups of multigrain flour and 2 cups of white bread flour.
- 4Mix until the consistency is somewhat even.
- 5Then continue to slowly add white bread flour 1/2 Cup at a time until the dough quits sticking to the sides of the bowl. It should be tacky to the touch.
- 6The trick is to have enough consistency to stand up with the least amount of flour so the bread will be fluffy.
- 7When your dough is finished, leave it in the mixer, cover the bowl and let it rise for about 10 minutes. The dough will rise a bit but it doesn't need to double.
- 8Grease two bread pans and a 8x 8 pan for buns with Spray Pam. You do not need to flour the pans if you let the bread cool for 10 -15 min in their pans after they have cooked.
- 9Mix the dough again just enough to knock it down.
- 10Drop the dough on a floured surface so you can work the dough and shape it. Shape it with your hands to make a nice ball. This can be a little tough if the dough is stick. I will often butter my hands to stop the dough from sticking so I do not have to add to much flour and make the dough tough.
- 11Divide the ball in 3 balls, two larger balls and one slightly smaller. The two larger balls become loaves and the smaller ball become 12 little dinner rolls.
- 12Shape and drop the loaves ( I often braid the loaf) in your bread pans and shape the buns and place in 8x8 pan and let them rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour. Bake the he loaves in a preheated oven at 350 for 35 minutes. If you forgot to preheat let them cook 40 minutes instead. The buns cook for 20 min in the preheated oven.
- 13Take out of oven and brush melted butter on to the tops. Let cool in pan for 10-15 min then turn the bread out of the pan and onto a rack to cool completely. Don't wrap it until completely cooled. (Condensation will make it soggy) Wrap in tinfoil to store on the counter. If you put it in the refrigerator it will turn into a brick.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile High Multigrain Bread
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: