1/2 Photos of Microwave Chinese Chews
Chef Patience's Note:
Easy, yummy cookie. I make these for the holiday cookie exchange, but I felt so guilty for making such an easy cookie, I didn't make them one year. The next year I was asked to please make them again, people were asking for them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of crispy chow mein noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bag butterscotch chips or 1 (16 ounce) bag peanut butter chips (my variation)
- 1Make a clear space on your counter or table.
- 2Using clean newspaper, cover the space with paper.
- 3Melt chocolate and butterscotch (or peanutbutter) chips in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for about 2 minutes, until smooth.
- 4Check and stir the chips about every 30 seconds, as needed.
- 5While the chips are melting, dump the whole bag of chowmein noodles into a large mixing bowl.
- 6When the chips are ready, quickly mix them into the chowmein noodles.
- 7Working quickly, place teaspoon fulls of the mixture onto newspaper to dry.
- 8Cookies are ready when they are dry and set.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Chinese Chews
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.2
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g