Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy, yummy cookie. I make these for the holiday cookie exchange, but I felt so guilty for making such an easy cookie, I didn't make them one year. The next year I was asked to please make them again, people were asking for them.
- 1 (10 ounce) bagof crispy chow mein noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bag butterscotch chips or 1 (16 ounce) bag peanut butter chips (my variation)
- Make a clear space on your counter or table.
- Using clean newspaper, cover the space with paper.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch (or peanutbutter) chips in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for about 2 minutes, until smooth.
- Check and stir the chips about every 30 seconds, as needed.
- While the chips are melting, dump the whole bag of chowmein noodles into a large mixing bowl.
- When the chips are ready, quickly mix them into the chowmein noodles.
- Working quickly, place teaspoon fulls of the mixture onto newspaper to dry.
- Cookies are ready when they are dry and set.
I made this with the butterscotch chips and we liked them a lot. I don't think they really taste too much like butterscotch so I think even if you were not a big butterscotch fan you might like them. At least a half dozen people at the potluck asked "who made these?" and made a point of telling me how good they were. I din't tell them how easy they were to make.
WOW!!! these are so good, so simple to make and very habit-forming LOL!, I doubled the recipe, and served it to my guests over the weekend...everyone wanted the recipe, what a great treat! thanks so much for posting...Kittencal:)
My family usually devours sweets within a day or two. These stayed around so long I had to throw some out. Easy? Yes. Tasty? Nothing special.