This is a recipe that my oldest daughter received in H.S. in Spanish class. Depending on your mood, likes or dislikes, you can add a 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or not.
- Crème the butter with the cup of sugar and vanilla.
- Mix flour, nuts, and salt.
- Add the mixture of flour, and salt to the butter.
- Form small balls.
- Put on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Roll in confectioner’s sugar while the cookies are still warm.
Yummy - theses just melt in your mouth! Perfect amount of sweetness. I did add the nuts but used pecans instead of walnuts. What a perfect summer treat!
Very good! I used this when I couldn't find my mother's recipe, and it's "just like she used to make". Thanks!
Came accross this recipe by accident today. I was looking at another recipe, and spotted this to the right. I thought it looked like cookies that my Grandma would send us at Christmas when we were little in the 70's. I whipped some up in no time, and yes it was the same cookie I remember! Loved them then and even more now. Thanks a bunch for the flashback and the recipe. Maybe Granny was sending a sign too! Hope you don't mind I filed it under "Grandma's Christmas Cookies" :)