1/5 Photos of Mexican Hot Chocolate Balls
Michelle Berteig's Note:
My sister made these for Christmas this year and they are really good! The recipe came from a magazine. These cookies are tender and crumbly, like Mexican Wedding Cakes, and are very chocolaty with a hint of cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Beat butter in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add in 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of the cocoa powder, and the vanilla and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- 3Add in as much flour as you can while using the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the pecans.
- 4Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool completely.
- 5Combine the remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the cooled cookies in this mixture.
- 6Store in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container. Cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months, thaw before serving.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hot Chocolate Balls
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 27.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g