1/3 Photos of Meringue Powder Glaze
This recipe is from the May 2001 issue of Creative Home magazine. It's easy to make and gives an impressive glossy finish to sugar cookies. Especially good on Bloomin' Sugar Cookies (Bloomin' Sugar Cookies). Note: the only place I've found to purchase meringue powder is a specialty cake decorating shop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a fork, beat together in a small bowl the meringue powder, water, and 2 cups of the sifted powdered sugar until smooth.
- 2Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups additional powdered sugar to make a smooth glaze that is spreadable but not runny. It should have a flowing consistency and be too thin to have ridges when spread.
- 3Divide into separate bowls if desired before tinting with paste food coloring.
- 4Use to frost sugar cookies of your choice - or Bloomin' Sugar Cookies (Bloomin' Sugar Cookies).
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meringue Powder Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: