1/3 Photos of Meringue Buttercream
Kay Demonbren's Note:
This recipe is from Colette Peters, in a wonderful book called Cakes To Dream On. This is one of the many recipes I tested when making my daughter's first birthday cake, and this is the best buttercream I've ever tasted. While still very buttery, it doesn't feel like you're simply eating a stick of butter. Awesome buttercream, you must try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the egg whites and the sugar and whisk until well blended; (yes, your arm will get tired).
- 2Set the bowl on top of a double boiler, or transfer mixture to the top pan of a double boiler and whisk constantly until the mixture is hot to the touch.
- 3Transfer to your mixer's bowl and beat on High with the whisk attachment until the bowl has cooled to the touch and the meringue forms stiff peaks.
- 4While beating on medium speed,slowly add the room temperature butter about 1/4 cup at a time.
- 5When all the butter has been added, it should be thick and creamy.
- 6Add the vanilla and blend until combined.
- 7This can be stored at room temperature for up to a day, refrigerated up to a week, and frozen up to a month.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meringue Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (2339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1231.4
- Calories from Fat 994
- Total Fat 110.5 g
- Saturated Fat 69.9 g
- Cholesterol 292.8 mg
- Sodium 75.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 60.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g