This recipe has been in our family for years. It's one of my favorites for sure. I pipe these with flowers and leaves from decorator icing and they always look so special. These cookies are so tender they melt in your mouth!
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add almond extract.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Shape level teaspoons of dough into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Top with frosting.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in flavorings and powdered sugar.
- Add cream to spreading consistency.
- Tint frosting with colors of your choice.
This recipe is just like a family favorite, only we make crescent shapes. They really do melt in your mouth, and are soooo very good!