Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These were a staple at school bake sales and at Girl Scout meetings - and adults STILL love these at dinner parties! A big hit for a child's class at school - or for Halloween [print out labels with your name and address to place inside saran wrap- Melting the butter and marshmallows in a microwave makes this super easy and quick!
- Butter generously a 13 X 9 pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan on medium low heat on the stove.
- Add miniature marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rice krispies.
- Press with a wooden spoon into pan.
- Let sit for 1 hour or more.
- I add another cup of rice krispies to make it a little less sugary.
This is the best recipe for Rice Krispy Treats!. I use Kroger brand cereal and marshmallows. I always double the recipe. It takes 2 (10 oz.) bags of marshmallows and a whole 12 oz box of cereal and 1 stick of margarine. I spray a jelly roll pan with non-stick spray and then press the mixture and flatten it . Then let it set up and then cut into squares and devour the pan.
Excellent, Classic recipe!!! My girls just loved these. We made these in the microwave, they turned out great!!!
These were great. My mom used to make these for me when I was little. I had never before made them for myself and I was glad to find the recipe. Thanks.