1/3 Photos of Maple French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes
1 hr 40 mins
This recipe won Food Network magazines first 'secret-ingredient recipe contest'. The secret ingredient was Maple Syrup. Kara Sow created this delicious winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml cake flour
- 110.56 g box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml potato starch
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg, freshly grated
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 177.44 ml packed light brown sugar
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 118.29 ml half-and-half, at room temperature
- 118.29 ml bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- 3Prepare the cupcakes:
- 4Combine the flours, pudding mix, baking powder, potato starch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl with a whisk.
- 5In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars with a mixer on low speed until combined, 6 to 8 minutes. Gradually mix in the vanilla and egg whites. Scrape down the sides of the bowl; continue mixing until light and fluffy.Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the maple syrup and half-and-half. mixing after each addition and ending with flour.Mix until the ingredients are just combined; do not overmix. Fold in the bacon.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about three-quarters of the way. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- 7Cool completely.
- 8Meanwhile, prepare the frosting:.
- 9Beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add the confectioners sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon; beat until combined. Spread on the cooled cupcakes; top with chopped bacon, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.7
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 347.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 62.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g