Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Mango Mojito Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- mint sprig (optional)
- mango, slices (optional)
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and Splenda granular at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sour cream, lime juice, lime peel and rum extract, beating until smooth.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating until blended.
- Chill 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently.
- Stir mango into gelatin mixture; spoon into pie crust.
- Chill 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and mango slices.
This pie is absolutely delicious! I used 3/8 cup of sugar instead of Splenda and added some dried mint to the mixture, which really added to the finished product. Next time I would like to try making it with real rum instead of rum extract as I couldn't really taste the rum flavour.
Our family loves this recipe too. I use 1/3 c. sugar plus Splenda packets (or another no-cal sweetener) until it tastes sweet enough to me - depends on the mangoes. No aftertaste and lightly sweet. We are also gluten free so I either make a basic GF cookie crust or bake Annalise Robert's tart crust. Yum!
Great flavor in this pie. I made Graham Cracker Crust for the crust. Do be careful to stir the mixture in the frig. I got busy outside and it had thickened so just stirred in the mango then. It didn't look as pretty as it should but the flavor is great.