An interesting recipe I had written but I didn't try it. It gives 2 cakes or 2 dozen of muffins
Make and share this Mango Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat in another bowl sugar, mango, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture. Mix well.
- Add in the raisins and nuts in the mixture and incorporate equally.
- Pour the dough in 2 cake pans (10 x 20 cm) or in 24 muffins cups (smalls).
- Cook in the oven at 350 F, 40 to 45 minutes for the cakes.
- Cook in the oven at 350 F, 20 to 25 minutes for the muffins.
- It's ready when the knife inserted in the middle comes back dry.
- Let cool before serving.
- The cakes or muffins can be freeze.
Very nice and moist. However, I think the cinnamon is quiet overwhelming. I would not use it the next time. But this is just personal preference.
4.5 stars. The bread was really moist (I used 3/4 cup of oil, I think I could have used a bit less). I reduced sugar to 1 cup 3 Tbsp and increased salt to 1 tsp (a tad too much? 3/4 tsp would be fine too). Instead of vanilla, I added 1/2 tsp of allspice (but it turned out undetectable in the end product, I should have added a bit more plus some clove and ginger powder). I used a little more than 2 cups of diced mango (1 large mango) which is a lot but the mango taste disappear once the bread's done (so I believe you can sub mango with peach, apricot etc.) I omitted the raisin (in retrospect, I think it will make the bread taste even better despite the additional sweetness). The macadamia nut gave a nice crunch. The bread tasted better the next day and the day after.
This was a real yummy bread. I love it with a little butter spread on it. Eating one loaf and froze the other. It is a very moist bread with a wonderful flavor with the mangoes. I didnt add the nuts so I put a few more raisins to replace it and I used the applesauce instead of the oil. Turned out so well. Was looking at this recipe for a bit and so glad I made it. Thanks for sharing your recipe Boomette. Made for Holiday Tag '09