Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious moist cake, and is very pretty to the eye. I have never made it as a layer cake, but I think it would look lovely. Everyone that tastes this loves it, and it is very simple to make.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 can mandarin oranges in juice
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (I made mine w/o) (optional)
- kiwi fruit
- With mixer, blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into 9 x 13 pan sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min.
- Cool Icing: With mixer, blend all ingredients, Cut strawberries and kiwi very thin and fold into mixture.
- Can also add mandarin oranges.
- Frost cool cake.
Sunrise Cake! This is my husband's favorite. My grandmother-in-law makes this cake regularly, with a couple small changes. She uses the entire egg (not just the whites) and butter recipe golden or yellow cake mix. We make it in a layer cake with three 8" layers, and in the icing use only the cool whip, pudding, and pineapple (no kiwi/strawberry/or coconut)
This cake has a good combination of flavors. I didn't have any vanilla pudding so I used banana cream pudding instead. It was very light. I will make this again as it is a good cake for the summer.