1/2 Photos of Madelines
This is a very yummy french treat. These butter cakes are a hit with the entire family. I made a batch and only ended up getting one (and I had to snatch it as soon as it came out of the oven). One batch lasted me 10 minutes! But thats a good thing as these cakes are best eaten the day they are made otherwise they dry out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each additiong.
- 3Stir in vanilla.
- 4Sift flour and baking powder. Fold into creamed mixture.
- 5Add milk to give a soft dropping consistency.
- 6Half fill 12 small grease moulds with mixture.
- 7Bake at 200C (400F) for 8 minutes or until cakes spring back lightly when touched.
- 8Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. (If they last that long).
- 9Eat on it's own, or with jam and/or cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madelines
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 133.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g