1/1 Photo of Luscious Lemon Cake
This is the lightest, most moist cake! And delicious, too! I always get requests for it, and the recipe. You can change the flavors of the cake, the Jell-O, and the pudding, too! How about a blue Jell-O cake, and vanilla pudding in the fosting, tinted with pink with food coloring for a baby shower? And with sugar free Jell-O's and Lite Cool Whip, not much guilt eating it, either!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (1/3 ounce) boxes sugar-free lemon Jell-O powder
LEMON FLUFF FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 1Prepare the cake mix according to the box, and bake as directed in 2 round pans.
- 2Remove from the pans to cool.
- 3Put the cakes back in pans, and poke cakes all over with a fork.
- 4Mix the boiling water with the Jell-O until dissolved.
- 5Pour half over each layer, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 6TO MAKE THE FROSTING: Pour milk into a bowl.
- 7Add pudding mix and powdered sugar.
- 8Blend with a wire whisk.
- 9Stir in the Cool Whip until completely combined.
- 10Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 11To frost, dip one cake pan in hot water for about 10 seconds.
- 12Unmold it onto serving plate.
- 13Spread with about 1 cup of frosting.
- 14Top with second layer, then frost top and sides of cake.
- 15Keep cake refrigerated until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luscious Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 312.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free instant lemon pudding
Cool Whip Free