1/2 Photos of Low Fat Dark Chocolate Muffins
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
These muffins are sweet and chocolatey; you'd never guess they're low fat. Soaking time for oats allowed for in times given.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup splenda brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 -6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped chocolate (I prefer bittersweet)
- 1Soak the oats in milk for about one hour.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and then spray the muffin pan with cooking spray.
- 3Combine the oat mixture with the applesauce and egg whites, and mix until combined.
- 4In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- 5Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix until just combined.
- 6Add the chopped chocolate.
- 7Do not over-mix of the muffins will be tough.
- 8Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan making 12 muffins.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- 10Remove from pan and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Dark Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g