Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great substiute for the 'real' thing. My weight loss support group was mourning the loss of their favorite dessert so I came up with this low carb version.
- Soften cream cheese in mixing bowl (you can nuke it on medium in the microwave for about 2 minutes), Blend in lime juice and Splenda.
- In a separate bowl, stir the boiling water into the Jello until it is completely dissolved.
- SLOWLY blend Jello mixture with the cream cheese mixture until blended.
- Add the cold water and the lime zest immediately and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into pie pan and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Cut into eight slices and serve with a dollop of Reddi Whip.
Made this for the family and they liked it, but weren't raving. I didn't think it tasted anything like Key Lime Pie, although the taste was fairly pleasant. I also added 8 packets of Splenda, not six, and was glad, because it wasn't overly sweet.
Made it for supper and I could really taste salt in the cream cheese. The next day I took it to work and it was GREAT. If I were to make it again I would make it the day before serving.