I found this recipe in a newspaper. It makes very soft, lime flavored cookies. You might want to taste the lime juice you're using - I think the strength can vary, because, once when I made it, I couldn't taste the lime at all! The other times it has come through just fine. You can also substitute lemon juice. Note: I just made these cookies again and ended up with wonderfully soft, fluffy sugar cookies (read: no lime flavor at all). I'm hereby considering this recipe under construction, and may edit it to reflect some tinkering (with extracts or concentrates).
- combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. stir until smooth and creamy.
- add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and lime juice to mixture in bowl. mix well.
- combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. mix well.
- add flour mixture to creamy mixture. mix well.
- roll dough into 1 inch balls. place several inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 5 - 7 minutes. (do not overbake!).
- when cool, remove cookies from baking sheet. dust generously with powdered sugar.