1/5 Photos of Lovely Lime Cookies
I found this recipe in a newspaper. It makes very soft, lime flavored cookies. You might want to taste the lime juice you're using - I think the strength can vary, because, once when I made it, I couldn't taste the lime at all! The other times it has come through just fine. You can also substitute lemon juice. Note: I just made these cookies again and ended up with wonderfully soft, fluffy sugar cookies (read: no lime flavor at all). I'm hereby considering this recipe under construction, and may edit it to reflect some tinkering (with extracts or concentrates).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1combine sugar and butter in a large bowl. stir until smooth and creamy.
- 2add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and lime juice to mixture in bowl. mix well.
- 3combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. mix well.
- 4add flour mixture to creamy mixture. mix well.
- 5roll dough into 1 inch balls. place several inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 5 - 7 minutes. (do not overbake!).
- 7when cool, remove cookies from baking sheet. dust generously with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lovely Lime Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1151.7
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 227.7 mg
- Sodium 893.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 166.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 83.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g