Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I was lucky enough to adopt in September 2006 in whirlwind zaar adoption. I haven't made this myself, and as soon as I do I will update the description!
- Bring milk and vanilla bean to a simmer.
- Meanwhile combine sugar, flour and cornstarch in bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add yolks and whisk until lump free and smooth.
- Temper egg mixture with milk.
- Pour egg mixture back into milk.
- Cook over medium low heat stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Off heat stir in butter.
- Press plastic on top of cream to prevent skin from forming.
- Chill thoroughly.