This is a recipe I was lucky enough to adopt in September 2006 in whirlwind zaar adoption. I haven't made this myself, and as soon as I do I will update the description!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring milk and vanilla bean to a simmer.
- 2Meanwhile combine sugar, flour and cornstarch in bowl.
- 3Whisk until smooth.
- 4Add yolks and whisk until lump free and smooth.
- 5Temper egg mixture with milk.
- 6Pour egg mixture back into milk.
- 7Cook over medium low heat stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
- 8Boil for 1 minute.
- 9Off heat stir in butter.
- 11Press plastic on top of cream to prevent skin from forming.
- 12Chill thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lenotre Pastry Cream
Serving Size: 1 (802 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.6
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 593.2 mg
- Sodium 146.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 66.8 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: