Love lemons? Then this is for you! You can make the full-fat version if your not diet conscience, but if you are, these are pretty low calorie muffins that will wow you. :)
- 2 tablespoons frozen sugar-free lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F Combine cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or til done. Set on a rack to cool.
- LEMON ICING: In a large bowl, cream together all ingredients until thick, smooth, and spreadable. Spread onto cooled cupcakes.