Love lemons? Then this is for you! You can make the full-fat version if your not diet conscience, but if you are, these are pretty low calorie muffins that will wow you. :)
- 2 tablespoons frozen sugar-free lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened or 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F Combine cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or til done. Set on a rack to cool.
- LEMON ICING: In a large bowl, cream together all ingredients until thick, smooth, and spreadable. Spread onto cooled cupcakes.
Very lemony! We used the low-fat sour cream and used reduced fat cream cheese as well. Never missed the fat! The kids couldn't wait for the cupcakes to cool and be frosted. So they had to have one warm, no frosting, and they didn't complain. In fact, they begged for another! Very simple to put together. Very tasty. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR.
These were very easy to make with things I already had on hand. The ingredients used were not low fat, but thats just because I already had them. I sprinkled some walnuts on top for color. They are very lemony! Made and Reviewed for Photo Tag - Thanks! :)