A very moist cake with a lot of lemon flavor. Cake is similar to pound cake. A great cake to serve to company.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour bunt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and zest; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Fold in dry ingredients into egg and butter mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Fold in yogurt last.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove cake from pan and while warm top with a lemon glaze made from 1 cup powdered sugar and the juice of one lemon. If glaze is too thin add a little more powdered sugar.