Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very moist cake with a lot of lemon flavor. Cake is similar to pound cake. A great cake to serve to company.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour bunt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Slowly beat in sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add lemon juice and zest; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Fold in dry ingredients into egg and butter mixture. Mix just until blended.
- Fold in yogurt last.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove cake from pan and while warm top with a lemon glaze made from 1 cup powdered sugar and the juice of one lemon. If glaze is too thin add a little more powdered sugar.
Absolutely adore this recipe. The only changes I make is that I fold fresh or frozen blueberries into the batter just before spooning it into the pan. I usually make it into two loaves and share one of them with a friend. Also have made it with cranberries, equally great! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!
Was amazing even my picky sister loved it.
This is wonderful. It was so easy to make and the taste was delicious. I made a couple of small modification:; I used kefir rather than yogurt as I had some that needed to be used; I added some fresh blueberries; and I didn't make the glaze, serving the cake with cream instead.
This will definitely be made again, thanks!